- Name Frenchmans Cap
- Distancia de sendero 46 km, 29 millas
- Duración en días 5 días
- Clasificación Traildino MW, Caminata moderada, sendero de mochileros
- Clasificación Travesía de refugios T1, Caminata
3-5 days, 2 x 23 km, December - April
The challenging Frenchmans Cap trail will bring you to the summit (1446 m) of the once important landmark for ships sailing the west coast of Tasmania. The peak is located in the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park, in the heart of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. It was here that a hydro-electric scheme was projected in the Gordon River, but luckily abandoned. Now you can enjoy forested hills, moorlands, the south coast shore, exotic valleys and wildlife.
- bigkev Abril 1995
- Calificación 8
- Positivo Excellent mountain scenery, huts, ingenious track routing between Lake Vera and Lake Tahune.
- Negativo The 'sodden Loddons', trekking through deep mud on the Loddon Plains. The track has since been re routed so shouldn't be as muddy.