- Name Thorsborne Trail
- Distancia de sendero 32 km, 20 millas
- Duración en días 3 días
- Clasificación Traildino SW, Caminata extenuante, sendero de montaña
- Clasificación Travesía de refugios T2, Caminata de montaña
32 km, 4 days April - September (dry season) is best
The Thorsborne Trail is on Hinchinbrook Island, in the north of Queensland. Mountains here rise to 1000 m. The path takes you along many beaches and through eucalypt forests, mangroves, rainforests and creeks full of fish. The trail might be difficult in places. It is managed according to "minimal impact bushwalking" and "no-trace camping" ethics. Seven camp grounds are available along the Thorsborne Trail. Since the walk is very popular, advance booking is necessary.
- bigkev Junio 2004
- Calificación 10
- Positivo Beaches, waterfalls, mountains, wildife, campsites, plenty of time to chill out
- Negativo Side trip to Mt Bowen is a ball breaker (but awesome!) mosquitoes, saltwater crocs. Box and Irakandji Jellyfish. Native rats means having to store food in the rat proof boxes.
- Janne Turunen Julio 1998
- Calificación 9
- Positivo A short easy through walk with beautiful rainforest and beaches. Certainly not a strenuous walk unless you do the the side trips to the bomber wreck on Mt stradloch or Mt Bowen which is 1000M rise from beach to peak. Great for beginners or families. Good fishing.
- Negativo getting there is a bit difficult