- Name Burren Way
- Distancia de sendero 114 km, 71 millas
- Duración en días 5 días
- Inicio de sendero Lahinch
- Fin de sendero Corrofin
- Clasificación Traildino EW, Paseo fácil, sendero en la naturaleza
The Burren is a karst region in the west of Ireland, county Clare. The karst of this area is formed as the result of limestone deposits and recent glaciation. The white naked rocks full of cracks and fissures, hosting many rare plant species, offer a special walking experience.
The Burren Way only partly ventures on these rocks, because the area where the rocks lay bare on the surface is rather small.
A second highlight of this path are the spectacular coastal cliffs rising to over 200 meters. The many tourists attracted to this natural phenomenon, the Cliffs of Moher, only visit a stretch of a few hundred meters or so. Between cliffs and karst the path crosses a pleasant green farming area, with small villages, typical Irish.
The trail is easy. There are B&B's and hotels. The trail is marked and documented. A drawback can be that it mostly follows local roads, as is often the case with Irish trails.
- The Burren & the Aran Islands: A Walking Guide
- The Burren and the Aran Islands, with their unique combination of flora, fauna and landscape, are explored by large numbers of walkers annually. This revised guide to the best walking routes in the region has clear descriptions and additional information to enhance enjoyment and appreciation of the place. From the rugged interior to spectacular... Leer más
- Also available from:
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom
- De Zwerver, Netherlands
- Wandelgids The Burren & the Aran Islands | Collins
- Duidelijke wandelgids van dit specifieke deel van Ierland. Goede praktische informatie en zeker voor de GPS wandelaar handig met vermelde waypoints. Kaarten zijn schetsmatig, maar er wordt verwezen naar de benodigde topografische kaarten van Ierland. The Burren and the Aran Islands, with their unique combination of flora, fauna and landscape,... Leer más
- Burren and Aran Islands - Walking Guide
- The Burren and the Aran Islands, with their unique combination of flora, fauna and landscape, are explored by large numbers of walkers annually. This is a guide to some of the best walking routes in the region, with lucid descriptions and additional information to enhance the walkers` enjoyment and appreciation of the place. From the rugged... Leer más
- Best of The Burren Way
- A walking holiday on the Burren Way and including a day trip to the Aran Islands. Walk the best of the Burren Way on Ireland’s rugged Atlantic west coast exploring the impressive Cliffs of Moher and the Aran Islands. Take a ferry to Inishmore, one of the Aran Islands and stay in the village of Doolin, Ireland’s traditional music capital.... Leer más