Iraq is a largely desert country in the west of Asia. Main geographical feature are two legendary rivers: Euphrates and Tigris, running through fertile plains across the country from northwest to southeast. Mountains are found in the north, in what is known as Iraqi Kurdistan, and in the east where the Zagros range forms the border with Iran. Iraq's highest mountain is Cheekha Dar (3628 m), in the northeast on the border with Iran, near another high peak called Kuhe Haji Ebrahim (3587 m). Both are part of the Zagros range.
At this moment Iraq is not safe as a hiking destination, for obvious reasons. Hopefully in more peaceful future times, hikers will get the opportunity to explore the mountains of Iraqi Kurdistan and the Zagros range.
- Reisgids Iraq - Irak | Bradt
- Voor vele landen net zo goed, zo niet beter dan de Planet. Beduidend soberder uitgevoerd, maar ook met veel informatie voor backpackers en met veel kaartmateriaal. Een aanrader! This brand new edition of Bradt s unique guide to Iraq gives up-to-date travel information and also informs the armchair traveler about the history and exciting... Leer más
- Detailed, indexed street plan of Baghdad, updated in 2007 to show security zones and restricted access areas, with an enlargement of the city centre, a map of the airport zone, and a road map of the wider environs of the city. The main map at 1:25,000 shows the central part of the city and the surrounding suburbs, including the Sadr City. Main... Leer más
- Iraq - Kuwait Reise Know-How
- Iraq with Kuwait at 1:850,000 on a light, waterproof and tear-resistant map from Reise-Know-How with enlargements for Baghdad and Kuwait City. The map, published by Reise-Know-How as part of their highly acclaimed World Mapping Project, is double-sided to provide the best balance between a good scale and a convenient size sheet. Names of main... Leer más